Download full specification (PDF/366KB)
The programme presents an exciting challenge for each Code Fellow to act as a ‘Change Agent’. In addition to the release of linked open data, it is a role that will combine existing knowledge and potential for change within local authority IT departments with new knowledge and skills to catalyse public sector innovation.The Code Fellow will be a forward thinking technologist or data practitioner, with an excellent balance of technical and interpersonal skills. The role is both collaborative and collegiate, and may appeal to individuals with a background in software or web development, open data or data science; particularly those who a desire to make a meaningful contribution to public service.
Appreciation of data practice, the path that data takes through systems, with a practical knowledge of current digital and coding practice
- Sufficient exposure to technology projects and understanding of an agile development process
- Sympathetic to the challenges host organisations face in achieving the goals of the project
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the value of linked data.
- Applicants should demonstrate an ability to either use scripting languages (PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.), data formats (XML, JSON etc.) or “back end” technologies such as database systems (MySQL, MongoDB, SPARQL, or linked data, etc. Alternatively, they may be acquainted with coding, and have used data modelling software like OpenRefine.
This timeframe allows scope for secondment for approximately 1 – 2 days a week,
£200 per day for 18 days work = £3,600
FutureEverything CIC, employed on a freelance basis
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org