21–22 February 2015
FutureEverything and the Greater Manchester Data Synchronisation Programme (GMDSP)
are hosting a Lean Startup weekend for entrepreneurs, technologists, creative professionals and social innovators. Participants will be given the opportunity to work with highly skilled specialists to help bring their business ideas to life.
£25,000 worth of prizes are available for the best concepts developed during the weekend. These are designed to help accelerate digital startups and assist product development in established businesses.
Do you have new business ideas around the following themes? Want to turn them into real products and services?
- Sustainable Economic Development and Circular Economy
- Public Services inc. Libraries and Emergency Response
- Smart Neighbourhoods
- Mobility and Transport
- Planning and Infrastructure
These themes have been identified in consultation with Greater Manchester’s Local Authorities, members of the public, and the innovation community. Datasets have been made available by GMDSP – a collaborative project developed by FutureEverything, Digital Catapult, Future Cities Catapult, and Greater Manchester’s Local Authorities.
- £5,000 development fund for a winning team
- 6 months of desk space, worth £3000 at SpaceportX, one of Manchester’s leading startup workspaces and tech entrepreneur communities
- 6 months of cloud hosting, worth £5000, with next-generation data centre and open-source cloud computing service provider DataCentred
- Access to the expertise and resources of the Future Cities Catapult’s Cities Lab, to help take city focussed concepts to the next level
- Membership to the Digital Catapult Contributor Programme – including access to meeting rooms, hot desks, and informal drop in spaces
- UX and Service Design expertise to enhance and optimise your product or service after the event
- A dedicated development team working on your project during FutureEverything – including experts in UX, design and coding
- Exhibiting space at the FutureEverything Conference, 26-27th February
We welcome applications from existing and new teams, as well as individuals. Places are free, but strictly limited. Catering will be provided. Sign up now by following this link.
Networking and Welcome Reception
On Friday 20th February, participants are invited to our Networking and Welcome Reception – an informal event that provides you with an opportunity to meet fellow participants and the event organisers, plus exchange ideas and form collaborative teams. Refreshments will be provided.
Day one: Saturday 21st Feb., 09:00 – 21:00
- Presentation of themes
- Data analysis
- Idea generation and selection
- Lean methods: user focussed research
- Iteration of ideas based on feedback
- Selection of ideas
Day two: Sunday 22nd Feb. 09.00 – 21.00
- Development of Minimum Viable Product (using rapid prototyping techniques)
The Greater Manchester Data Synchronisation Programme (GMDSP) is a ground-breaking open data programme creating new collaborative development methods and interfaces between local government, business, citizens and civil society.
Intellectual Property Rights
All IP and copyright will remain with the creators of the work but we ask that you include the following credit strapline, in all promotion, publicity, documentation, internal communications and exhibition of media, following the event:
This work was created as part of the Lean Development Weekend. A collaboration between FutureEverything Digital Catapult and Future Cities Catapult.